What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#64522 by joshhuggins
Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:10 pm
Mark Bell wrote:1. Allow knockouts the ability to ignore color fills,

2. In many examples a symbol is placed over a hatch pattern and often a color fill at the same time. It would be a huge time saver to have symbols automatically cutout anything below it. The example below shows some furniture items placed over a color fill and hatch pattern. The hatch pattern requires voids adding around each furniture symbol to prevent it going through the symbol. If the symbols are redefined with a knockout added (tricky), the color fill is also cut out and it's also tricky to get the linework over the cutout. Ideally it would be good to simply drag and drop symbols and have the ability to cutout graphics under the symbol whether this be a hatch pattern, other linework etc. but allow the option of ignoring color fills.
How about if we could toggle for any entity to ignore knockouts? Toggle it on for your fills at the bottom in this case and your symbols could still just have a knock out within, that could knockout other possible fills that you may actually want knocked out?
#64559 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:28 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:If the Associative Dimension Properties dialog could have the text size and aspect ratio on it, then would simplify changing these.
You have to go into the Font: Change button dialog from the Assoc. Dim Properties dialog. Not sure if you knew this and wanted it brought directly to the properties box or not.
#64560 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:07 pm
Josh, I missed that, I guess. The way I was doing it is cumbersome:

Alt-D/Change/Text Style/Font ... type in the Aspect, click Okay, Right Click, then click to select the dim.

Learn somthin' new every day!

One caveat: the font size sez 6" even though I'm using Text Scale. I would be expecting 1/8", and I don't have to check the Plot Scale.
#64561 by Paul Nida
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:38 pm
While I knew about the Font Change button I would like to put my vote in to have Size and Aspect added to the Properties box for text.
#64565 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:29 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:One caveat: the font size sez 6" even though I'm using Text Scale. I would be expecting 1/8", and I don't have to check the Plot Scale.
Yeah, I would like to see that synchronized with Text Scale too. I've forgot what all those different text sizes were for different scales since switching to Text Scale. Text scale is so cool :!:
#64637 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:24 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hello,

This is an oldie but a goodie: We would love to have more than 18 scales available - and if they could be unaffected by their position in the list, that would be even better.
th.jpg
th.jpg (35.88 KiB) Viewed 16515 times
#64699 by Roger D
Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 am
Wish when Smart Entities are exploded on export to a dwg, that the cavity hatch &/or fills can be on a unique layer(s)
2d_Walls
2d_Walls_Cavity Fill
2d_Walls_Cavity Hatrch

Since my ME doesn't need or want those to show.
#64702 by David A. Giesselman
Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:51 pm
Roger D wrote:Wish when Smart Entities are exploded on export to a dwg, that the cavity hatch &/or fills can be on a unique layer(s)
2d_Walls
2d_Walls_Cavity Fill
2d_Walls_Cavity Hatrch

Since my ME doesn't need or want those to show.

Roger:

If you toggle off Hatch and Fill in the Architect menu prior to your export, they won't be included.

Dave
#64703 by Roger D
Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:56 pm
But sometimes I forget to do that.
#64722 by Roger D
Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:13 am
Mark Bell wrote:Add a License Renewal Reminder date in the /Help/License Action tab so we know when our license runs out..... :roll:

Good idea/wish item