What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#64815 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:00 pm
Would be nice if 2D doors had sills.
#64816 by jimgoodman
Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:07 pm
The option to add sill lines, in a different color, would be simply marvelous. I wind up adding the two lines manually for exterior doors. The different color allows the linework to drop back when printed.
#64820 by Roger D
Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:52 pm
I think you can have (at least I can) have door sills at different colors. Just make sure you have sills set to show in the 2d tab. I'll update when back at a v16 machine.
#64823 by jimgoodman
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:41 am
We are referring to the old fashioned doors and not the newer smart ones.
#64843 by joshhuggins
Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:18 pm
jimgoodman wrote:The option to add sill lines, in a different color, would be simply marvelous. I wind up adding the two lines manually for exterior doors. The different color allows the linework to drop back when printed.....We are referring to the old fashioned doors and not the newer smart ones....
Yup and yup.
#64879 by jimgoodman
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:27 am
While we are discussing enchancements to 2d openings, it would also be helpful if the sill lines for windows could be set to a difference color.
#64880 by MtnArch
Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:01 am
Yup - would love this as well!
#64884 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:36 pm
Would be nice if there was an option for curved entities and polygons to be drawn reversed so linetypes would be drawn in the opposite direction. Most linetypes are created with the definition drawn with it's orientation up. When drawing these shapes the majority of linetypes with a discernible orientation are drawn backwards.
#64890 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:19 pm
Could we get an option either as an ini line or a check box on the orphan manager, that would suppress the warning messages when opening a drawing. Our drawings always have orphans based on our base files having them by design, so the warnings are not much use to us and we tend to ignore them. Often they get hidden behind another window and when we figure out that the drawing should have been open by now, we have to alt+tab or something to get them to the forefront of Windows. Thanks.
#64891 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:35 pm
Josh, I agree. The error dialog tends to be "behind" other programs, and it stops the loading process. When I open a lot of drawings at once, this makes it take much longer, because I cannot see the error, and I have to toggle between programs to force the error to show up in front.
#64894 by jimgoodman
Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:11 am
Perhaps there could be a "don't remind me about this file" check box?