What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#61896 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:35 pm
Last edited by joshhuggins on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
#61900 by MtnArch
Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:26 pm
I'll add one that I've asked for before too - that there was a "Layer Translator" (that you would have to set up on a per-company basis) that would allow us to tell DC that layer XYZ-22 from my engineer needs to be changed to A-WALL to match my conventions, and then we would be able to reverse it when we're exporting it back to said engineer (ie change my A-WALL layer to XYZ-22). Obviously this would be nice if it could be done through the DWG/DXF translator, but it could be done after importing and prior to exporting strictly through Dcad.
#61906 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:52 pm
:?: I am getting ready to implement Xref GTV linking for our office and was wondering if there is a way to update GTV's from the Reference Manager? Can see needing to adjust layers for a groups of xrefs, having to open the Reference Manager, apply layer changes, exit out of the RM, update a GTV, go back in for the next xref, apply the layer changes, exit out of the reference manager, update, and so on. If there is not a faster method that I am missing, could we get an 'Update button' added below the GTV list to update the layers for the selected Xref for the selected GTV link?
#61907 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:57 pm
I assume you would want this to update the layer status of the selected XRef and not the underlying host drawing's view/layers/etc.

Dave
#61917 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:25 pm
:idea: How about if in the Layer, Import, there was a 'New' option? Most of the time we don't want to replace or merge with my current layer.
#61936 by wwwylie
Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:58 am
I was going to comment on individual ideas, but basically this entire post is genius!
Last edited by wwwylie on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#61940 by joshhuggins
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:40 am
Thanks, pulled these from multiple past forum posts, I'm surprised I didn't have more dups.
#62039 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:20 pm
I was looking into the new features being added in version 16's subscription (wicked sweet by the way) and I was testing the Ctrl+Right Click's identify tools and thought it would be awesome if the Identify 'panel' could stay open while the cursor is over it allowing us to click on multiple properties to set them. So maybe I want to match the selected entities linetype, spacing and color, but not the layer. Right now it exits out of the popup once you pick any value. If it was possible to keep it open we could quickly click each property we want to set with three quick clicks, then when we either slide off the panel or maybe right click, it could exit out and apply the settings?

ID Panel.jpg
ID Panel.jpg (150.29 KiB) Viewed 21456 times
#62151 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:57 pm
:!: Would be a great help if we could have a entity level toggle to ignore all knockouts.
Ignore Knockouts.jpg
Ignore Knockouts.jpg (163.8 KiB) Viewed 21415 times
#62276 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:00 pm
I dug into my brain a bit with this and your probably right as it's probably too much to ask to do due to output/export ordering. We use Pen Sorting here so we don't have to be constrained to layer ordering (at least for printed output) which knockout ordering is determined by their color/pen order. So we map our other entities that we want to show above knockouts to higher colors/pens. They only way I could think of to get it to work would be to add a higher level of layer (pun) of ordering to separate entities into three zones of ordering 'forced below knockouts' 'normal ordering' & 'forced above knockouts' but who knows how that would translate to DWG, etc.
#62770 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:01 pm
Attachments
LMoptions.JPG
LMoptions.JPG (224.71 KiB) Viewed 21088 times