What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#61937 by wwwylie
Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:02 am
I wish there was a "Tangent Line" option when drawing a polyline so that you could draw a line tangent to the end of an arc portion of the polyline without having to guess at the correct orientation.
Last edited by wwwylie on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#61943 by wwwylie
Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 pm
That options seems to create individual polylines for each curve. I want the option to make a line portion of a polyline that is tangent to the end of a curve portion while drawing a continuous polyline. It should function just like F3 Tangent while drawing the polyline, but it would produce a straight portion that is "locked" in orientation to the end of the curve before it.
#61956 by Neil Blanchard
Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:15 am
Wade, it does both. If you are in the midst of drawing a polyline, select the Curves/Tangent and the next leg of the polyline will be a curve tangent to the line just before it. If you want it to have it be tangent to both ends, use the fillet tool afterward.
#61969 by wwwylie
Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 am
The Curves option dissapears once I start drawing my Polyline and I then have only 2 pt, 3 pt, & Tangent available. Regardless of this, my wish was for a "Tangent Line" that would be fixed on the exit angle of the preceding Curve. I think that this would enhance both Polylines and Smart Arrows (It seems that the smart arrow drawing is done with a polyline).

I know that fillet afterward is always an option, but sometimes it can be a guessing game for the right radius.