What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#62064 by wwwylie
Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:03 pm
I was going through and fixing some symbol Line Spacing Factors on my symbols using the new feature added in the SE Beta and I thought, "It sure would be great if the Entity Properties Editor were persistent." I could then go around clicking on my symbols without having to go through the Ctrl+Right Click menu every time. It could also be useful in changing MText & PText factors when you have many to do.
#62068 by wwwylie
Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:49 pm
I have and I like that feature, but symbols and xrefs i have set to default to symbol editor and xref manager. Also, when changing a large number of MText and PText line factors it becomes tedious having to double-click to open properties, click on factor, change it then hit ok and start the next one. Just a wish to be able to have the properties open, click an entity and the properties box would update with that entities properties.
#62071 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm
Oooo I like where this is heading, good one Wade.
#62072 by Roger D
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:45 pm
Why not (maybe also) add under the Change/Text a Line Factor item to change?
Or add that to the Font Dialog box so you can either set it there, or change/text/font/factor.
Oh, the factor is in the box, but you can not select it in the change box.
#62074 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:44 pm
Roger D wrote:Why not (maybe also) add under the Change/Text a Line Factor item to change?
Or add that to the Font Dialog box so you can either set it there, or change/text/font/factor.
Oh, the factor is in the box, but you can not select it in the change box.

For standard Text, changing the Factor (after the fact) just ain't possible. For PText/MText, yep I can likely do that. That's the best I can do folks.

Dave
#62080 by wwwylie
Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:06 am
Adding the Factor to the Change Text menu would be a great addition. I understand that it can only work on PText & MText. If I have regular text that needs to be multiple lines I often convert it to PText for ease of use anyways.

Thanks Dave.
#62085 by Roger D
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:41 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:For standard Text, changing the Factor (after the fact) just ain't possible. For PText/MText, yep I can likely do that. That's the best I can do folks.
Dave

That's all we ask for, the best that you can do, and many times you :o surprise us and surpass doing your best. :shock: