What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#62472 by ORWoody
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:11 am
It would be nice to have stringline dimensions for Align. Sometimes, things are out of alignment, but we still run a line of dimensions at an angle. Then when something is moved, the creating of new dimensions along that same line is really a struggle. Currently, I use Rotated dimensions, but since I am always looking for the "easy" way, having that in aligned dimensions would be nice.
#62473 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:30 am
Woody,

If the first dim "locked" in the angle, then I could see this working.

I have posted a wish elsewhere to have horizontal and vertical dims taking on the angle of the cursor. So, if you use B Tangents to rotate the cursor, if horizontal dims would align with the "tilted" X axis, and vertical dims aligned with the "tilted" Y axis, then we would both be happy, I think.
#62475 by ORWoody
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:38 am
Neil... that is what I'd like, exactly. Then, if one stretched any of the terminal points, all would remain along the same alignment string. It works that way with rotated dimensions so I use that after calculating the first angle.