What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#63291 by MtnArch
Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:15 pm
I'd REALLY like to be able to be out on a jobsite with my computer and my Leica D8, and be able to field-measure the space by using the Leica to input the dimensions. This is something that could REALLY set Dcad apart!

Please Mr. (Dave) Wizard? It's ONLY zeros and ones ... how hard can it be? :twisted:
#63298 by MtnArch
Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:13 pm
I have the $10 version, but it's too small on my phone and my tablet won't hold a charge that long for being out on a job site (it's 4 years old). I'd prefer to not have to transfer the file either - hence my wish!
#63302 by MtnArch
Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:42 am
... (the programmer asks the architect) ...

The output from Redstick? It can export to IFC, iCAD, DXF or PDF. Output from the Leica? Have no clue.
#63310 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:28 am
It would be nice to go straight into DataCAD; but that would require a Windows laptop/tablet with Bluetooth.

I'd be happy if RedStick worked with my new Bosch GLM 100 C which has Bluetooth. It also has a built in rechargable battery, which so far has been lasting well more than a full day of measuring. I have an Android phone (HTC One) and the screen is smaller than ideal, but it is very high resolution (full 1080P in the 4.7" diagonal screen), and the battery would probably be okay all day as well.