What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#63599 by jimgoodman
Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:32 am
It would be very helpful if the symbol information tooltip could be displayed when the cursor is over an instance of the symbol in the drawing itself. This would be the same information that is shown when the cursor is over a symbol in the browser.
#63602 by joshhuggins
Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:18 pm
How about if Ctrl is pressed while hovering? Don't think I'd like it popping up all the time.
#63604 by Paul Nida
Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:29 pm
I think I'm with Josh on this one, I don't think I want it popping up all the time either. So it needs to be some sort of option. I'm fine with CTRL-right click the way it is now.
#63605 by jimgoodman
Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:53 am
That would be ok, or an ini setting??
#63607 by jimgoodman
Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:50 am
If the "edit fields" information could be added to the Ctrl, right-click, identify read-out, that would be enough. The path would be good as well.

Essentially, I would like to get the same information that shows in the symbol browser tool-tip in the drawing window. Doesn't necessarily need to be a tooltip flyout.

Not a real big deal either way. It had been a while since I had come up with a wish list item and felt like it was time. Dave isn't leaving us too much room for improvement these days, so good wish list items are harder to come by.
#63610 by Paul Nida
Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:49 pm
I am always open to options. Sometimes things you don't think you would ever use turns out to be very handy. I just prefer it to be an option so it doesn't become an annoyance.