What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#63926 by jimgoodman
Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 am
I am really appreciating the new Prefix/Suffix options for Associative Dimensions

When Prefix or Suffix is turned on in the properties dialogue box, it would save a step if the Prefix and/or Suffix String dialogues would come up without having to select "Apply" first.

I am not sure how others are using this feature, but it would work better for me if the suffix string included an automatic space after the dimension number and probably a space after the prefix string. Now, the space has to be included in the text box.

Finally, could the prefix/suffix options be added to "Dimension, Change, Dim Style to allow changes to multiple dimension strings?

Thanks as always for your consideration.
#63927 by joshhuggins
Sun May 04, 2014 8:19 pm
I agree. I would like to see this on the other options too where apply would currently be hit to reveal additional options. Like an implied Apply.
#64034 by joshhuggins
Wed May 14, 2014 12:16 pm
jimgoodman wrote:I am not sure how others are using this feature, but it would work better for me if the suffix string included an automatic space after the dimension number and probably a space after the prefix string.
I think this is how it was in the beginning of the feature but we asked that it be removed (or at least I did). Maybe an ini line for both where users could type in a string they would like to have auto filled in? I think my use case when I asked for it was I wanted the option to not have a space when I put in a Plus/Minus in front of a dimension.
#64035 by jimgoodman
Wed May 14, 2014 1:00 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
jimgoodman wrote:I am not sure how others are using this feature, but it would work better for me if the suffix string included an automatic space after the dimension number and probably a space after the prefix string.
I think this is how it was in the beginning of the feature but we asked that it be removed (or at least I did). Maybe an ini line for both where users could type in a string they would like to have auto filled in? I think my use case when I asked for it was I wanted the option to not have a space when I put in a Plus/Minus in front of a dimension.

I agree that the ini entry is probably the best approach. I see where it would be better to not have the space for things like +/-. I usually add things like MO or MASONRY as a suffix, so the space is necessary in those cases.
I am sure David will find a way to make us all happy!