What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#64196 by DRTAIA
Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:21 pm
It would be a great feature to add additional options to the Geometry Offset command. So when you offset a line you can also change the color, linetype, etc. EX Offsetting a white solid line could create a light magenta dashed line with 6" spacing.
#64197 by jimgoodman
Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:48 pm
The dhOffset macro does exactly what you have requested. In fact I use this macro so often that I have a custom keyboard sequence for it.

I am not sure if this macro is still available or if I am allowed to distribute it. Perhaps Mark or Nick Pyner may know the answer to this.
#64198 by MtnArch
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:06 pm
Unfortunately Dave Henderson (the "dh") stopped selling and supporting the "dh" series quite a few years ago. These were excellent macros that were worth every penny! I would hope that Mark M. and Dave G. have discussed incorporating these into DC, but don't know if Dave Henderson was ever approached or if he declined.
#64199 by jimgoodman
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:16 pm
The key features in dhOffset would be excellent additions to DataCAD 16. I would think Dave could add similar features without stepping on Mr. Henderson's intellectual rights.
#64200 by MtnArch
Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:52 pm
It's got my vote, too!! Dave "Mr. Wizard" G. can do anything!!
#64201 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:40 pm
MtnArch wrote:... I would hope that Mark M. and Dave G. have discussed incorporating these into DC, but don't know if Dave Henderson was ever approached or if he declined.

It's my recollection that Dave wasn't really interested in selling any of his IP.

Dave
#64202 by MtnArch
Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:42 pm
That's what I was afraid of. Too bad - they would have been nice additions to our beloved DC's arsenal!

Maybe Nick P. (or one of our other Aussie users) could contact Dave H. and see if he's a little more amiable to either start selling and supporting the macros again, or start talks with DC LLC to move them into DC. Just a thought ....