What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#64388 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:06 pm
I am starting my first complete smart entity project (finally). I am going to post my wishes, ideas and questions here.

6/25/14
:idea: Wanted to bump the old wish of being able to set a linetype and spacing for smart door's 2D swing arc. :mrgreen:
:idea: Would be nice to have a Reverse Opening button/checkbox for Smart Windows in the Window Properties dialog.
:idea: Would nice if there was a way to apply a setting to multiple windows at once.
:idea: Would be nice if smart window headers had a width option on the header tab to determine the overall width of the header so we could size it to correctly show the header bearing on wide trimmers/post if needed. Or is there a different way to approach this I am missing?

6/26/14
:idea: Mask tool support masking by material
Last edited by joshhuggins on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#64389 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:59 pm
Questions:

:?: Is there a way to get the pocket a different color than the jam color? I would like the jams to be the wall color but can't seem to make it happen.
pocket jams.PNG
pocket jams.PNG (20.35 KiB) Viewed 15049 times
#64391 by Roger D
Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:48 am
I'd agree, the jambs and pocket are separate items and should be set. Maybe the Pocket could take on the "swing" linetype settings since there is no swing in this case.
#64395 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:28 am
Roger D wrote:I'd agree, the jambs and pocket are separate items and should be set. Maybe the Pocket could take on the "swing" linetype settings since there is no swing in this case.

Ya mean like this?
Pocket Door.JPG
Pocket Door.JPG (140.76 KiB) Viewed 15022 times

Dave
#64400 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:31 am
You got it Dave!
#64405 by Roger D
Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:34 pm
Dave almost got it.
Pocket.png
Pocket.png (120.24 KiB) Viewed 15007 times

Strange, when I place my door at 2d open = 90, it's fully open for pockets.
#64406 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:22 pm
Roger D wrote:Strange, when I place my door at 2d open = 90, it's fully open for pockets.
I came across this last night. I think at first I had to manually set it in the doors properties once it was inserted, but then I got it to work and change in the manager. It was late and I don't recall right now off the top of my head what I was doing, but something did seem off, at least at first.
#65768 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:53 pm
:?: Could we get a 3D Symbol option for Window Muntins?

:?: Could we get a Muntin/3D Symbol option for Doors?

:?: A per door option via Door properties to define hardware. Having to create a new door type for each hardware need is a bit excessive.

:?: Would be nice if the path of the current folder being viewed in the Door/Window Managers was shown.

:?: Since headers are an option, they should probably also allow for individual adjustment per door via the Door Properties dialog.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#65769 by Roger D
Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:59 pm
joshhuggins wrote:A per door option via Door properties to define hardware. Having to create a new door type for each hardware need is a bit excessive.

Appearance or type?
I use hidden attributes on my door number symbol to collect all the data as I place the door, or go back latter to change.
#65770 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:16 pm
Appearance, for the model.
#66301 by Roger D
Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:45 am
Additional Smart Entities I would like to see:
Single Casement Windows (only 1 panel to open)
Double Door with a center mullion
Multiple windows where the end and interior frames are the same size. (I believe there is that option in AEC Model)
Coiling / Rolling Door where you can indicate the hood depth.
#66318 by melina
Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:18 am
All good stuff...and...

Window Manager>2d Options> Include Jambs - for those times where 3d symbols are used for the window and ya don't want to have to create custom 2d symbols for them also.
Curved windows & doors (I know, probably a long way off, but I recently felt the need)
Glass lites in doors without using a symbol
Option to have different hardware per each side of the door

Emphatic Ditto on the Mask by Material!
#69729 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:21 pm
:idea: A button at the top of the Smart Wall, Door, Window properties dialogs to their respective managers.
:idea: I like that individual smart walls allow us to change there color using the normal Change, Color commands. would be nice to be able to do this for individual doors and windows.
:idea: When identifying a smart wall, it would be nice if it could report the length of the section you click on in addition to the total wall length.