What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#67189 by MtnArch
Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:35 pm
#67190 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:39 pm
Hi Rashid,

The Distance File is what determines the distances which are shown in the different Datacad menus like within the Offset Menu. Check out page 202-203 of the Datacad manual for step by step instructions.
#67191 by Rashid Garuba
Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:53 am
Josh,

I had edited for scale before but forgot distances can be edited too... While you're so busy filing down the perfect square wheel you don't notice round wheels rolling by... :lol:

Thanks.. this will help a lot.
#67202 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:17 pm
Rashid Garuba wrote:While you're so busy filing down the perfect square wheel you don't notice round wheels rolling by... :lol:
Nice, I think I need to remember this one :D Glad to help Rashid! Keep on rollin' brother!
#67211 by wvar
Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:49 pm
I know that I have requested this before. Can we have the ability to directly Xref a dwg file into Datacad just like we can with a Sketchup file.
#67212 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:02 pm
Evan hinted in the latest Cheap Tricks that there's something coming in DC18 that will make Acad'rs want to switch (besides Autodesk's subscription model) - maybe (hopefully?) this might be it (or one of more goodies)?
#67213 by wvar
Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 pm
Yeah I can only hope :)
#67214 by Mark Bell
Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:05 pm
We've just put a new staff member on whose an Autocad 25 year plus user. ...after talking to him on some of the DataCAD commands and functions I'm surprised at what Autocad doesn't have. :roll:
#67215 by Mark Bell
Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:15 pm
Improve the auto-clean functionality of smart walls, notably between walls of different types which still shoot off into space when their end points coincide. In the real world dissimilar walls wouldn't be built the way the autoclean trims them so it would be good to either amend this or provide a toggle where users can turn off autoclean of different wall types (instances that occur after a mirror, rotate, move and copy etc.), but still allow a 2-line trim clean if a user specifically picks the two dissimilar walls.
#67229 by Mark Bell
Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:51 pm
We've had a number of situations where the structural engineer and design has necessitated irregular shaped columns. Presently, all we can use are X x Y shaped walls/columns with smart parametric wall types.

Wishlist - include the ability to add additional snap points to the surface perimeter of a smart wall type to create any wall shape. We accept having tapered extrusions is more complex so for starters allowing the irregular shape as a single extrusion (Z-axis) would be welcomed.

FWIW the project below is the first we have trialed where the whole project has been documented using smart parametrics in combination with traditional 2D/3D elements and overall it's been a great leap forward in being able to get more done in less time with less staff. For those who haven't yet embraced smart parametrics, I'd certainly recommend it :shock:

3395cam5sm.jpg
3395cam5sm.jpg (49.39 KiB) Viewed 12627 times
#67233 by Roger D
Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:56 am
Would like in the Smart Managers (Wall, Door, Window) to have an 2d plan view of the item that changes as you make changes to the settings. Esp in the Wll manage when setting the cavity settings so one can make sure they are setting the inside/outside/center correctly.
#67239 by Rashid Garuba
Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:09 am
I mentioned this in the V17 thread so I'll add it here. Mark insists it's already under mask but doesn't work as I want...

If you do a fence and forget Layer Search off you have to re-fence the whole thing.. No way to automatically re-apply the prior fence vertexes.
#67240 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:33 am
Rashid Garuba wrote:If you do a fence and forget Layer Search off you have to re-fence the whole thing.. No way to automatically re-apply the prior fence vertexes.
While there is not a 'Previous" option in the Fence process, you can toggle Layer Search button in the Status Panel mid selection without loosing your place. A Previous option for the Fence command is a good idea in general and would be nice if the polyline last created could be saved to be recalled for the Fence command. Gets my vote.
#67241 by Rashid Garuba
Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:43 pm
Good point Josh... Unfortunately my mind only has a single track so I usually find out too late, after completing the fence.