What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#64729 by Nick Pyner
Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:02 pm
Now might be the time to renew my gripe about this......

When I save an image to a new layer, I want to work on it straight away.

When new layer is selected, there are two options

new layer off - for the life of me, I can't imagine that button being pushed often, I suppose it's a measure of confidence.
or on - which means you revert to ortho and get everything.

What we need is a third, "exclusive-on", button which means you havwe the option to revert to ortho and see what you want, and only what you want. How obvious is that? I think I have been griping about this since version 7, so some relief in version 17 would be most welcome. If nobody else in DCadland is interested, which seems to be the case, perhaps you can call it the Nick Pyner button. Cool.

AND SINCE the only way to see the image is in ortho, an automatic reversion to ortho on selecting "excl-on" sounds a really good idea.
#64742 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:49 am
Nick Pyner wrote:When I save an image to a new layer
What commands/steps are you doing in this process, and where should the option be? Creating a new layer and then insert bitmap?
Last edited by joshhuggins on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#64747 by Nick Pyner
Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:20 am
No. This has nothing to do with bitmaps.
I refer to the save image button S6 in 3D views. This takes you to the layer option, it invariably goes to a new layer, which you can name, and then you are asked if you want the layer off or on. What I want is on, and only that layer on. How hard can that be?
I use this all the time, but the deafening silence on this matter suggests that I'm the only user in the universe who does. I have to L,F4 every time.
#64750 by joshhuggins
Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:24 pm
Got ya. Yes, this makes sense to me as well. An option maybe 'F4 On Only'
#64754 by Nick Pyner
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:11 pm
Indeed.

Plus an automatic reversion to Ortho.

I run my image routine off an icon. I guess I could extend it to do what I want, but this has to be a simple bit of upgrade.