What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#65051 by jimgoodman
Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:03 pm
It would be nice to have an ini option to have the color palette window open automatically when color is selected from the Change menus. I wind up using quite a few colors beyond the basic 16 for my 3d work and it would save a step if the palette window opened automatically instead of having to select Custom.
#65052 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:24 pm
Hi Jim:

How 'bout if when you select Color and hold down the [Ctrl] key, it goes straight to the color palette window? Would that do it for you?

Dave

jimgoodman wrote:It would be nice to have an ini option to have the color palette window open automatically when color is selected from the Change menus. I wind up using quite a few colors beyond the basic 16 for my 3d work and it would save a step if the palette window opened automatically instead of having to select Custom.
#65053 by jimgoodman
Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:01 pm
That would be lovely!

You should start using our motto: "In by 8, out by 5. Use our convenient drive-up window"
#65056 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:40 pm
Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I use a lot of colors daily too (about 42 now), and think I would prefer an ini option to always go directly to the color palette myself if it was possible and not too much work to add in. I use F0+S8 now to jump into the palette and adding Ctrl would be about the same thing (to me at least) and doesn't save too much time IMHO. Thanks for the ears.
#65057 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:06 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I use a lot of colors daily too (about 42 now), and think I would prefer an ini option to always go directly to the color palette myself if it was possible and not too much work to add in. I use F0+S8 now to jump into the palette and adding Ctrl would be about the same thing (to me at least) and doesn't save too much time IMHO. Thanks for the ears.

Alright Nancy:

For the next Subscription update to v17 I've added the following key to the [General] section of the INI file:

Color Menu Goes Directly To Dialog=FALSE

This works as follows:

• Set this to TRUE and the standard color menu is bypassed (unless [Ctrl] is pressed) and the color-picker dialog comes up.
  • Set to FALSE (the default) and the standard color menu is used unless the [Ctrl] is pressed, which will invoke the color-picker dialog.

Whew!!! Can't we all just get along? ;)

Dave
#65059 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:31 pm
Thanks! You really are the best ever!
Attachments
h5C12BA6D.jpg
h5C12BA6D.jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 10884 times
#65060 by jimgoodman
Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:45 pm
Josh:
Thanks for the assist on this. It will work much better without having to use the Ctrl key.