What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#65058 by jimgoodman
Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:54 pm
While Dave is such a giving mood, how about having the "Edit Fields" :) dialogue box open automatically when using "Save-as" to create a copy of a symbol?
#65064 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:22 am
Done for the next Subscription update to v17.

Dave
#65065 by jimgoodman
Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:09 am
Many thanks kind sir!
#65073 by jimgoodman
Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:59 pm
Here's one more for the symbol toolbox:

How about adding "Rename" along with "Save As" to the Ctrl-Right Click context menus. This would also update the symbol definition in the drawing database.
This would eliminate the need to replace symbols when a symbol's filename needs to be changed.
#65081 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:49 am
jimgoodman wrote:Here's one more for the symbol toolbox:

How about adding "Rename" along with "Save As" to the Ctrl-Right Click context menus. This would also update the symbol definition in the drawing database.
This would eliminate the need to replace symbols when a symbol's filename needs to be changed.
Yes, something along these lines of saving as a new symbol and having it replace the one in your drawing at the same time would be great.
#65286 by jimgoodman
Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:03 pm
jimgoodman wrote:While Dave is such a giving mood, how about having the "Edit Fields" :) dialogue box open automatically when using "Save-as" to create a copy of a symbol?

I am using the recently released 17.01 beta version and and wanted to give a huge shout out and thanks for this feature. I have been creating a series of variations on 3d wall panel symbols for a project that I am working on and it been very nice not having to use a second step to update the fields each time. The increased productivity will probably save enough time to pay for the next upgrade fee. :D
#65287 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:55 pm
jimgoodman wrote:... The increased productivity will probably save enough time to pay for the next upgrade fee. :D

Or my dinner! 8)