What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#381 by WizArtist
Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm
I want to be able to use the pull down menu and turn on/off layers from there. It would also be nice to be able to make a layer non-printing and for any XREF layers to be toggled on/off from here.

I would also like to use text as an attribute like AugerCad does for Detail callouts. That way a detail callout symbol could have its text edited without having to explode it.
#385 by Greg Blandin
Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:34 pm
In Version 11 you can set attributes into the symbols already.
#395 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:24 pm
Hello:

WizArtist wrote:I want to be able to use the pull down menu and turn on/off layers from there.

Well, you could turn them off but not on, since that pulldown only shows the 'on' layers. Remember the "layer stack" button just to the left of the pulldown menu opens the LM.

It would also be nice to be able to make a layer non-printing

Could be useful, but what I do is only use a non-printing color (which is magenta, like the non-printing purple pencils), on a scratch layer -- that way you can always tell which lines are on that layer and I just Alt-I on 'em and I'm on the scratch layer. Or, I would have a GTV that leaves that layer off, or I leave it out of the MSP detail -- so the layer won't get printed...

...and for any XREF layers to be toggled on/off from here.

Do you know about the Control-Right click menu? Point the cursor at the XRef, hold the Control key down, and right-click the mouse, and you'll get a bunch of useful tools for dealing with XRef's, including a link to the file, Refresh, X-Clipping, Highlighting, the RFM, etc. All cool stuff!

I would also like to use text as an attribute like AugerCad does for Detail callouts. That way a detail callout symbol could have its text edited without having to explode it.

As Greg mentioned, DataCAD 11 has symbol attributes already! :o