What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#68587 by Mark Bell
Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:20 pm
Many of our internal elevations use Hatch/Origin to denote the setout of wall tiling. Similarly with floor plans. From time to time plan or elevation details need moving around on the sheet yet the origin location stays where it was set on screen resulting in the associative hatch patterns updating incorrectly. Each of these can be redone manually by allocating a new origin point for each detail.....but takes time and can also lead to mistakes if some are missed. The wishlist is to have a moveable hatch origin point that stays fixed/associated to the hatch pattern rather than a point in space on the screen so that when a detail is moved the hatch origin moves with it and the hatch pattern remains correct.
#68588 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:42 pm
Mark Bell wrote:Many of our internal elevations use Hatch/Origin to denote the setout of wall tiling. Similarly with floor plans. From time to time plan or elevation details need moving around on the sheet yet the origin location stays where it was set on screen resulting in the associative hatch patterns updating incorrectly. Each of these can be redone manually by allocating a new origin point for each detail.....but takes time and can also lead to mistakes if some are missed. The wishlist is to have a moveable hatch origin point that stays fixed/associated to the hatch pattern rather than a point in space on the screen so that when a detail is moved the hatch origin moves with it and the hatch pattern remains correct.
You can set this now in the Hatch Type menu with Lock Origin.
#69054 by joshhuggins
Thu May 26, 2016 5:12 pm
It would be very handy when we have a selection made of multiple entities, if when we are prompted to "Click the point to drag from", there could be a By Center option. I often want to center a mass of objects that don't have a center point themselves that corresponds with a center point for the group as a whole. I usually have to string a few lines to find their center.
#69111 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:11 pm
It would be very handy to be able to create dimensions from the start using Lock Scale instead of having to create them using Drawing and then going back with Change, Dims, Lock Scale and re-picking them all.
#69112 by Roger D
Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:31 pm
I see LockScale at F8 in the dimension menu in v17 even.
#69113 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:02 pm
Roger D wrote:I see LockScale at F8 in the dimension menu in v17 even.
SMH, I sat there staring at that menu, for like 5 solid minutes. Going in and out of it looking for a way to do it and I'd swear it was not there before, but now I see it. I'm calling it a day. :roll: Thanks Roger.
#69149 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:50 pm
Could we please get in the Change, Dimensions menu either under Text Style or Lock Scale an option to turn on/off the assoc. dimension text?
#69329 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:08 am
Would it be possible if we used the Measures, Diameter command, if a curve is not found, it would start a measure that would calculate what the diameter would be between the point selected and the next point selected? Similar functionality would be nice for the Radius & Circumference.
#69724 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:49 am
Could we get a way show the boundary box and the entities if the entity count is lower than what's set for Max Lines? Often I want to see the entities I am moving relative to my move point picked but I also need to see the extents to relate to other objects around the location I am moving to and it's restraints. Maybe something like a F# button in the menu that toggles the boundary box on/off while dragging?
#70003 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:00 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get selection fences with more than 36 points?

Hmm, you must be using Stretch?

Dave
#70006 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:27 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:Hmm, you must be using Stretch?
Indeed I was Chief!

256 gonna be enough for ya? ;)

Dave
#70007 by jimgoodman
Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:33 pm
That would be more points than my ADD could handle.... :roll: