What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#68113 by MtnArch
Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:47 am
Got my vote!
#68130 by joshhuggins
Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:57 pm
When offsetting, if we accidentally pick something other than what we indicated to pick, we have to right click out to cancel that operation on the incorrect entity. When we do this, Offset reverts back to inputting the distance to be offset. It should just revert back to asking us to select an object to offset. Odds are if we made it as far as picking an entity to offset, we want to offset something, and canceling that selection should indicate we just miss picked. Would be really nice if the new Coincident Entity Selection logic could be applied here too.
#68131 by Mark Bell
Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:15 pm
I agree, good observation and we have the same issue from time to time. Maybe once you have selected an entity to offset, then realized it's the wrong entity, pressing a key (say Esc) releases the entity allowing a new selection whilst still being in the offset command?
#68133 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:56 am
joshhuggins wrote:When offsetting, if we accidentally pick something other than what we indicated to pick, we have to right click out to cancel that operation on the incorrect entity. When we do this, Offset reverts back to inputting the distance to be offset. It should just revert back to asking us to select an object to offset. Odds are if we made it as far as picking an entity to offset, we want to offset something, and canceling that selection should indicate we just miss picked.

Corrected for the next update.

Dave
#68134 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:04 pm
joshhuggins wrote:... Would be really nice if the new Coincident Entity Selection logic could be applied here too.

Done for the next Subscription update.

Dave
#68135 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:45 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Done for the next Subscription update.
Ohh that feels Goodman. Thanks!
#68362 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:39 pm
Could 2D Wall Styles support longer names?
#68369 by Mark Bell
Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:25 am
Add the ability to rotate the material/pattern. eg. we have applied a carpet tile to a 3D surface, however, the surface is at an angle in plan but the pattern hasn't rotated to match the 3D entity when viewed in O2C/Sunshader.
#68456 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:05 pm
I wish the Linetype and Hatch Managers had a replace tool so we could replace all instances of a linetype or hatch pattern with another throughout the drawings database (including symbols).
Linetype Replace.png
#68458 by jimgoodman
Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:42 am
joshhuggins wrote:I wish the Linetype and Hatch Managers had a replace tool so we could replace all instances of a linetype or hatch pattern with another throughout the drawings database (including symbols).
Linetype Replace.png

YES PLEASE :D
#68492 by melina
Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 am
joshhuggins wrote:I wish the Linetype and Hatch Managers had a replace tool so we could replace all instances of a linetype or hatch pattern with another throughout the drawings database (including symbols).

Also Yes, Pretty Please!
#68500 by Mark Bell
Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:22 pm
....a quick workaround in the meantime is to use a Selection Set to put the 'old' line type into then change/linetype to the 'new' one.
#68501 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:35 pm
Mark Bell wrote:....a quick workaround in the meantime is to use a Selection Set to put the 'old' line type into then change/linetype to the 'new' one.
I use Mask to do this now, but it doesn't catch the linetypes within symbols though :(