What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#66611 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:11 am
joshhuggins wrote:Could the Xclip, New Cube cursor disable the crosshairs like the other boxing/area options in the program. When used with Large crosshairs the to coinciding crosshair lines disappear. Thanks!

Done for the next update.

Dave
#66612 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:18 pm
Thanks Dave! Do you think the same could be done when dragging a dimensions with large crosshairs turned on?
#66619 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:25 pm
Boss just got a little ticked that we can't have actual dimension lines with a different linetype (center) other than the turn the line off and manually draw a line work around. Soooo yeah add that to the wishlist. :oops:
#66659 by joshhuggins
Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:49 pm
Could the Layers, Import command have a Import and/or New option, so the importing layer will import the layer with it's existing name instead of having to replace or merge with an existing layer? Or the New option could prompt the user for a new layer name. This way we don't have to back out of the command, create a new layer(s) that can be merged/replaced with, then go back into the Layers, Import command to import the layers. Thanks!
#66989 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:16 am
Could we get Distance *2 added to the Stretch menu pretty please? Thanks!
#66990 by jimgoodman
Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:24 am
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get Distance *2 added to the Stretch menu pretty please? Thanks!

YES PLEASE!
#66992 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:34 am
Which will lead to the request to have it added to the Move and Copy menus which leads to problems for me. If you look at the Copy menu, you'll see that there isn't room for it without moving the KeepGrps toggle. If I move the KeepGrps toggle to the S9 position in the Move and Copy menus, that leaves the Rotate menu as the oddball as S9 is already occupied there. Thoughts?
Dist.JPG
Dist.JPG (44.26 KiB) Viewed 12532 times

Dave
#66993 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:52 am
And ya know (yes, I realize it's an extra click) you can select New Dist and pick Prev * 2 to achieve the same result.

Dave
#66994 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:12 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Thoughts?
:twisted: Might regret this one ;) How about menus that are not limited to the amount of F/S Keys? Add new features at positions that are not F Key bound. While the core commands are great to have the quick keys, the little toggles and new features should be added in the menus they need to be in and not be stuffed into a sub 'More' menu. People who really want extra commands bound to a key can get a programmable keyboard/pad and program in functionality via alias and macros or use the , use the dcadwin.mnu file etc. as long as the new features get extended code support on the backend. Using a mouse for some functions won't kill anyone :lol:
#66996 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:18 pm
frabz-Umm--Yeah-if-you-could-go-ahead-and-code-that-for-me-by-tomorrow-734804.jpg
frabz-Umm--Yeah-if-you-could-go-ahead-and-code-that-for-me-by-tomorrow-734804.jpg (65 KiB) Viewed 12488 times
#67011 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:43 pm
I has a man crush on you David. :P

How about Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I, Ctrl+ U, Ctrl+O working the buttons Bold, Italics,Under/Overlines in the MText dialogs?
#67012 by Roger D
Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:53 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:Thoughts?
:twisted: Might regret this one ;) How about menus that are not limited to the amount of F/S Keys? Add new features at positions that are not F Key bound. While the core commands are great to have the quick keys, the little toggles and new features should be added in the menus they need to be in and not be stuffed into a sub 'More' menu. People who really want extra commands bound to a key can get a programmable keyboard/pad and program in functionality via alias and macros or use the , use the dcadwin.mnu file etc. as long as the new features get extended code support on the backend. Using a mouse for some functions won't kill anyone :lol:

What about Command Alias, customized keyboard macros that you can write for your special wishes. Already in the program.
#67042 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:37 pm
Could the Layer Manager report to us how many layers we have selected? Maybe right below the list it could say "36 Layers Selected"?
#67056 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:02 pm
It would be SUPER HANDY if we could copy XClip/Highlighting settings from one GTV to another so we could update multiple GTVs/Links with the same settings for that same xref. If we could Ctrl+Right click an Xref, Xref Tools, there could be 'Copy GTV Link Settings', etc. see image.

Obviously for our good buddy Dave's sanity we should only be able to paste settings for the current xref onto it's self. Having one xref's settings saved to a internal 'GTV Link Clipboard' of some sort. If someone tries to access the menu on a different xref, the paste options would be unavailable until the user copies the correct xref settings to the internal GTV Link Clipboard for that specific xref.
Attachments
CopyGTVLinkSettings.png
#67385 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:21 pm
File this under would be nice, but when Dave's bored :D Would it be possible to get an option to make ellipses by 2 points of the ellipse it's self vs. the overall rise and run? Should be 2x what we input now for ellipse creation and offset the start point to the intersection of the 2 points I would guess. Could be flipped during creation by using Ctrl/****+CTRL to get the correct orientation since you wouldn't know the exact intended input to start with.