What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#66312 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:51 pm
Remember that one time when there was more than 18 scales in the scale file? Yeah that was totally awesome!
#66314 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:44 pm
Why don't I remember this? (no "old" jokes please, I get enough from my kids).

Dave
#66315 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:43 pm
It was just my smart a$$ way to bump my old wish for more scales in the scale list so we don't have to work around the scales changing positions in the scale list. We were talking about it today and figured I'd give it an ol bump-a-roo :D
#66317 by jimgoodman
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:51 am
I support my smart a$$ left coast colleague on this one!
#66322 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:... and the scales need to not be order-dependent.
For sure!
#66323 by REX PEET
Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:43 pm
The order dependency of the scales is a trap for young players, as Neil pointed out to me many, many, many years ago. It can cause havoc for printing if you happen to insert an new scale.

Please abolish the order dependency of scales
#66324 by Paul Nida
Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:49 pm
I also vote for additional scales and getting rid of order dependency. However, give me the ability to add as many scales as I want and I can deal with order dependency. I would just put every scale that I might possibly use in the scale file and not worry about it.
#66373 by joshhuggins
Wed May 06, 2015 11:50 am
Could the new Get Snap menu be added to inserting symbols? Would like to be able to pick a symbol for insertion and then shift snap and be able to get a perpendicular option when I don't have perpendicular turn on in the object snap menu. Thanks.
#66450 by joshhuggins
Thu May 21, 2015 4:31 pm
Could we get an Extended Character Code that could toggle the x/symbol clipcube display on/off please? The one that is in the Program Prefs, Misc tab. I find I am using this constantly and would love to add a toolbar button for this in my Display Toggles toolbar.
#66487 by joshhuggins
Wed May 27, 2015 10:55 pm
I came here to give a shout out of thanks to whoever had the idea to be able to scroll using the mouse in the Datacad menus, so thanks! Then of course me being Mr.Neversatisfied (Alan :P ) I started thinking about it some more and came up with another wish. :D If we could we get an option to remove the Scroll back/forward buttons all together so we could get +2 more items in the menu for the list instead of the buttons? I never use the buttons any more. I know it doesn't sound like much but being able to scroll thru large list of GTV's, layers or hatch, etc. just a little bit quicker with each subsequent menu scroll adds up fast.
#66488 by MtnArch
Thu May 28, 2015 12:42 am
sigh ....

"Button-boy" strikes again!

(Gotta admit, though - this is a GREAT wishlist item!)

((But don't get used to the praise, Josh!!)) ;-)
#66608 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:41 pm
I have been using the XYZ Enlargement, Line Spacing Factor & X,Y,Z Rotation options in the different entity properties dialogs a lot lately, they are very handy! My Wish is that they could be added to the Change, More menu so we can apply new values to multiple entities. And/or they could be added to the Enlargement and Rotate menus as well I'd guess.
#66609 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:51 pm
Could the Xclip, New Cube cursor disable the crosshairs like the other boxing/area options in the program. When used with Large crosshairs the to coinciding crosshair lines disappear. Thanks!
#66610 by jimgoodman
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:11 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could the Xclip, New Cube cursor disable the crosshairs like the other boxing/area options in the program. When used with Large crosshairs the to coinciding crosshair lines disappear. Thanks!

YES PLEASE

I have been toggling the crosshairs off manually but it would be nice to have this happen automatically.