What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#5127 by Paul Nida
Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:10 am
I can't remember if this has been discussed here before, another sign of being and old draftsman I guess. In the Xref Manager, I would like to be able to sort the list of xrefs by name. This would allow me to select all instances of the same xref easier. This would make it easier to reload, replace or otherwise modify all instances of one xref.
#5139 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:06 pm
Good idea Paul.

You got my vote for this improvement.

Thanks,
Miguel
#5142 by artmanvt2000
Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:06 pm
Paul,
External references are sorted in the xref manager based on the layer order within your layer manager. So the answer is yes you can sort your xref's, just be creative with your layers and layer order.
#5147 by Paul Nida
Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:38 pm
artmanvt2000 wrote:Paul,
External references are sorted in the xref manager based on the layer order within your layer manager. So the answer is yes you can sort your xref's, just be creative with your layers and layer order.

I need to be able to sort them by name. If I have xref drawings named A, B, C and D scattered out on several different layers, in order to repath, redefine or otherwise modify all of the C xrefs, I have to go through and individually hunt down and pick each one. If you have several hundred xrefs in a drawing file, this can be a real PIA. And this scenario is not unusual for us either.
#5149 by joshhuggins
Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:46 pm
I had just added this to my wishlist thread. :D