What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#65533 by wvar
Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:13 am
I know there is a Line To Poly command. However, whenever, all attached lines are converted to a polyline when I select the start of the poly.
So my wish is to be able to select which lines become part of the polyline. Of course this should only work as long as the ends of each line are touching.
Too easy eh.
#65534 by Roger D
Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:57 am
If you have the Polyline Macro, you can do it using that.
Also, the DCSprinit macro has a Lin2Pln command where you can mask by color, linetype or weight that might help with your need. This also has a jump distance incase the lines do not meet/connect.
#65536 by wvar
Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:37 pm
Roger D wrote:If you have the Polyline Macro, you can do it using that.
Also, the DCSprinit macro has a Lin2Pln command where you can mask by color, linetype or weight that might help with your need. This also has a jump distance incase the lines do not meet/connect.

I cannot find that macro on the web. Any ideas how I can buy it?
#65537 by Paul Nida
Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:16 am
If I remember correctly the line to polyline function only works on lines that touch end to end. So why don't you just partial erase the lines where you want it to start and stop. You can then extend them back with one line trim if you want to. But a small gap should be enough to isolate the polyline.