What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#5178 by WizArtist
Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:21 pm
I want a Toggle for Enlargement that would automatically enlarge the hatch scale the same enlargement. That way when a detail is called into, say a site plan, it can be enlarged without having to go select and change the scale of the hatch pattern.
#5180 by joshhuggins
Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:58 pm
We can do this now, granted you have the latest ver. 11 patch installed. When creating the hatch, go to the "Hatch Type" menu, and select "Lock Scale". Create your hatch area and when you enlarge now the hatch it will scale properly. This is a fairly new feature, and a handy one too :!:
#5183 by Paul Nida
Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:25 pm
joshhuggins wrote:We can do this now, granted you have the latest ver. 11 patch installed. When creating the hatch, go to the "Hatch Type" menu, and select "Lock Scale". Create your hatch area and when you enlarge now the hatch it will scale properly. This is a fairly new feature, and a handy one too :!:

Josh, if I am not mistaken, this is coming in the soon to be released v.11.08. So I don't think this is generally available yet. Hopefully it will be released this week.
#5185 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:06 am
Ah, my bad. I could have swore the hatch locks were in a previous release. Guess this beta run has been longer than I realized. Sorry guys, have to wait just a bit longer, but it's coming soon... I hope :wink:
#5192 by Paul Nida
Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:01 am
Hello Josh,
There is a lock in v11.07, if not in an earlier version. But it is not broken down into Origin, Angle and Scale. And I am not sure if it worked the same way.
#5193 by Tony Blasio
Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:17 am
The one lock locked the origin, scale and angle. In the current beta it has been separated ito three.
#5204 by WizArtist
Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:40 am
Thanks, I totally missed it. I hatch via predefined shortcuts and didn't even notice this new addition. I hav the patch .7 and I just tested it and it did exactly what I wanted. Now to go and edit all my details, ID, then rehatch all of them.