What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#5236 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:33 am
Hello,

It would be lovely to have the ability to insert XRef's with a custom insertion point! Just like we can for symbols and MSP details...[Edit: Like MSP details, you would get a "preview dialog", you then snap to it, and then you place it! If the RFM popped first, that would make sense...]

If we could have a color table for highlighting, that would be great! [Edit: By layer huh? That could be a lot more complicated, since we can have a lot more layers than we have colors -- we would need to have a LM-like manager, so we can change groups of layers to various colors?]
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#5238 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:03 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:It would be lovely to have the ability to insert XRef's with a custom insertion point! Just like we can for symbols and MSP details...

Could you elaborate a bit? Sounds interesting. How would we pick it?

Neil Blanchard wrote:If we could have a color table for highlighting, that would be great!

On a per layer basis would be great for me. It could cut my xref use in half probably, which would be very nice system and managment speed improvment.
#5244 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:23 pm
You got my vote for both requests.

X-Ref and A-Ref are great detailing tools and can be improved a lot for V12.

Thanks,
Miguel