What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#67002 by jimgoodman
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:29 am
It would be helpful if the Suffix String & Change buttons were automatically invoked when Suffix On was selected from the right-click context menu.

The way it works now:
1. Right click (double click) on an existing associative dimension string.
2. Change Suffix to "On"
3. Click "Apply"
4. The Suffix String box appears
5. Click on "Change..."
6. Enter the text (remember to include a space at the beginning of the text)
7. Click Ok to return to the context menu
8. Click Ok to exit.

Is there ever a situation where we wouldn't want top go directly to step 6 once we want to add a suffix?

If there is already a suffix, the change button (step 5) would be there and could be ignored.

The same logic would apply to prefixes as well.
#67017 by Dave
Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:17 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Yup to all of the above!

What about what about what about a properties window that stays open (user choice) so when you right click(dbl click) on an existing entity whether dim, line, text, circle etc the propriety window will show you all the options/information, greyed out items can’t be changed, make your changes, move on.

I use DraftSight to check my drawings before sending them to a supplier that laser cuts stainless steel for me, they put me onto DraftSight, there's not a lot I like about it but I do find there properties window good. Photos attached
Attachments
properties2.PNG
Line and 2 Circles selected so properties window only shows what can be changed across the 3 items
properties2.PNG (37.59 KiB) Viewed 6654 times
properties1.PNG
2 circles selected, shows varies, can change diameter or radius and both will change.
properties1.PNG (25.8 KiB) Viewed 6654 times
properties0.PNG
1 circle selected
properties0.PNG (52.53 KiB) Viewed 6654 times
#67018 by Dave
Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:23 pm
1 more pic

properties3.PNG
1 line selected, you can change the length of the line in the properties window
properties3.PNG (40.35 KiB) Viewed 6653 times