What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#67306 by jerry.headley
Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:50 am
Can the "Overshoot" function be based on a layer. I'd like to be able to turn on the overshoot based on the layers in a drawings. Example, in a prel design have the wall/door/windows layers show the overshoot while other layers have no visible overshoot.

Jerry Headley
Architect
#67309 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:06 am
Not currently. You have to apply it to the entities.
#67311 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:11 pm
You could turn on all layers but the layers you want overshoots on for and then use Change, Overshoots, set it to 0 and apply it to everything that is turned on so they don't have an overshoot value, and will draw normal even with overshoots turned on. The inverse of this could also be done where you can turn on only the layers you want to have overshoots on and use Change, overshoots and set to the value you want for those entities. Could also just toggle Layer Search on/off when using the Change, Overshoots command. We also use mask to apply different Overshoot values to different colored entities. We use this a lot because sometimes you want a longer overshoot for thicker/thinner lines based on the pen table.

I might be missing something in translation, but I thought for your wish you were wanting a way to just toggle it on for a layer as an additional method to those above. Also remember once you set an overshoot to an entity, if you ID/ Set All on it, it's overshoot value will be applied to all of the new entities created until a new overshoot value is set by ID set all.