What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#67404 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:46 am
Hi,

Seeing as how DataCAD 18 is coming out soon, I think we need a new thread!

When placing ParaText (or Text, or MText), is would be REALLY helpful to have a alignment lock (like SketchUp) to have the same justification as other text already in the drawing. As we have to do it now, drawing a line, then snapping to that, and then having to erase the line after typing the note, seems clunky.
#67405 by Paul Nida
Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:05 am
I usually type all of the notes and then use the alignment tool in the text menu to align them. But I agree with your suggestion.
#67406 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:59 am
I use Get X/Y with a ref point to offset from the existing text. Trick is knowing what the offset value is depending on the scale of the drawing. Brain has gotten lazy since switching to Text Scale. Used to know what size text (spacing) was for each scale, but now who knows. Not sure what could be setup, but would welcome something along these lines.
#67432 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:19 pm
Here's an easy one (I think!): when I open up the Insert/Orphaned References dialog - I want it to always open on the XREFs tab. We use XRef's all the time, and almost never use bitmaps; let alone have to fix an orphaned bitmap.

Thanks Dave!
#67433 by joshhuggins
Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:56 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:almost never use bitmaps; let alone have to fix an orphaned bitmap.
Not working in California that's for sure ;). They have us scanning and putting stuff on the plans so much it's nuts!
#67435 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:43 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Here's an easy one (I think!): when I open up the Insert/Orphaned References dialog - I want it to always open on the XREFs tab. We use XRef's all the time, and almost never use bitmaps; let alone have to fix an orphaned bitmap.

If you select Orphans from the Reference File Management flyout, it does open on the XREFs tab.
orphans.JPG

Dave
#67441 by Mark Bell
Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:25 pm
Add the ability to 'Apply' changes to the Config. Menu without the need to pick OK, close, see the change(s), re-open to make more changes etc. - have it so you can see the changes without closing the menu.
#67447 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:53 pm
Mark Bell wrote:Add the ability to 'Apply' changes to the Config. Menu without the need to pick OK, close, see the change(s), re-open to make more changes etc. - have it so you can see the changes without closing the menu.

Done for the first Subscription update to v18.

Dave
#67476 by jimgoodman
Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:23 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Can the current Plot Scale be displayed on the Coordinates / Hints toolbar, please? Keeping track of the current plot scale is critical to working in DataCAD, especially when setting up drawings for a new project.

YES PLEASE
#67477 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:10 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Can the current Plot Scale be displayed on the Coordinates / Hints toolbar, please? Keeping track of the current plot scale is critical to working in DataCAD, especially when setting up drawings for a new project.

I've actually added it as a dropdown to the Status Panel toolbar along with a Printer menu icon. This will be in the first Subscription update to v18.
plot scale.JPG

Dave
#67479 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:54 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:I've actually added it as a dropdown to the Status Panel toolbar along with a Printer menu icon. This will be in the first Subscription update to v18.
#67480 by jimgoodman
Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:17 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:I've actually added it as a dropdown to the Status Panel toolbar along with a Printer menu icon. This will be in the first Subscription update to v18.

Ya Baby
#67481 by Roger D
Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:13 pm
Congrats.gif
Congrats.gif (615.08 KiB) Viewed 17831 times

Great, I know we've asked before. Honestly the current plot scale is a lot more important to me than the current view scale.