What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#67716 by Mark Bell
Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:59 pm
I've a number of instances where the text is at an angle and either new text is needed to be input at the various angles or existing text (and other entities) needs to be rotated to match the linework. I have b-tangents the crosshair with each instance to the relevant angle.

Wishlist -

1. Add F7 Match Angle to the Rotate menu so that the existing entities to be rotated can be quickly set to match the angle of the crosshair. Select the entities, Rotate/Match Angle and they rotate to align with the current angle of the crosshair, or pick Rotate / F7 Match Angle and select the entities or text to match the crosshair angle,

2. Add F7 to the submenu of Text/Angle/Match/F7 Match Angle so it performs the same function as above but directly from the text menu,
#67728 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:40 pm
Gets my vote, but would put it under the Angle/New Angle menus instead.
#67737 by Mark Bell
Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:48 pm
The main idea is a quicker way to select entities, rotate to the current crosshair angle and place on screen. Given the crosshair has an 'X' and 'Y' axis, it could be F7, for the first 'X' angle, then F7 again to toggle to the 'Y' angle then click to place.