What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#69254 by jimgoodman
Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:08 am
For some reason, the u$r file doesn't issue a warning that the file is in use when the files reside on a Dropbox folder. It would be very helpful if that could be fixed or a similar feature included.

Dropbox does have a feature that returns an alert that a file is being used, but this only works for MS Office files at this time.
#69344 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:52 pm
Jim have you looked into using symbolic links with Dropbox so Datacad can look at the files locally and then let the symbolic link handle the syncing? Here's a little primer on it. I use a tool called Junction Link Magic that works well to create symbolic links. Also my sync program of choice GoodSync says it can sync to Dropbox from any location, but I have never used it with Dropbox myself. Just some ideas in case you haven't tried them.
#69812 by jimgoodman
Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:17 am
Thanks for the tip. This appears to be a bit above my skill level and available time to experiment with, but it will be on my list for a rainy day (if we ever get any rain that is.)