What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#72640 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:35 pm
Could we get a Absolute Zero button in the Print\Quick Layout Datacad menu please?
#72647 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:57 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get a Absolute Zero button in the Print\Quick Layout Datacad menu please?

And what would that do?
#72651 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:31 pm
Locate the pick point for the quick layout at absolute zero. Would save me from having to switch to an Absolute input method to locate the layout and then reset back to my normal Rel Cart. mode for working.
#72664 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:15 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:So all your drawings have their center at absolute zero?
Yup. Makes keeping sheets and other things aligned easier.
#72665 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:17 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:So all your drawings have their center at absolute zero?
Yup. Makes keeping sheets and other things aligned easier.

Well, color me impressed! :shock:
#72666 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 pm
My wife bought this for me last year, kind of says it all.
OCD ADD.png
OCD ADD.png (125.89 KiB) Viewed 13801 times
#72667 by Mark Bell
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 pm
FWIW we've been using a non-plotting snapping point at abs. zero on a locked layer in the default file, which allows MSP sheets to be placed accurately. Having the feature Josh notes would allow the same without the need for this extra layer. :idea:
#72843 by joshhuggins
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:38 pm
Could the OK, Cancel, Spell Check buttons be slid over to the left a tad to give us a bit more grip space for resizing the MText/PText Dialogs?
#72901 by joshhuggins
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:25 pm
Could the Last Paper Size= & Last Check Printer Paper Size= recall the paper sizes by the papers sizes name vs. the paper's position in the list? The paper size lists size/postions can be like a moving target sometimes with driver/windows updates but the paper names usually stay the same. Would save us a lot of time in updating our Saved Printer Settings over and over. Most of my staff here has given up on using them because they set the wrong paper sizes after updates add something to the list.
#72902 by jimgoodman
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:37 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could the Last Paper Size= & Last Check Printer Paper Size= recall the paper sizes by the papers sizes name vs. the paper's position in the list? The paper size lists size/postions can be like a moving target sometimes with driver/windows updates but the paper names usually stay the same. Would save us a lot of time in updating our Saved Printer Settings over and over. Most of my staff here has given up on using them because they set the wrong paper sizes after updates add something to the list.

YES PLEASE :D