What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#71310 by artmanvt2000
Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:34 am
Mark,

I understand your need to have more "pens", which don't really exist in the world of laser and inkjet printers. I was just trying to give you a possible work around.

If you don't use the colors in the Datacad color table, you could mix and match your color densities to get the results you like. You could set up your pen table like this.
10 = 0.25 wide at 80%, do not map to a color
11 = 0.25 wide at 40%, do not map to a color
12 = 0.25 wide at 85%, do not map to a color

If you need a blue at 80%, make color 75 pen 10. If you need a blue at 40% make color 74 pen 11. If need a red at 80% make color 45 pen 10 and so on. This will require you to set up a pen table for each job or sheet as color assignments change per your needs.

I have attached our 25% density color table. You will noticed that color 44 is mapped to a different pen that is set at 100% for use with our company logo.
Attachments
Datacad-colors-Screened.jpg
#71346 by Mark Bell
Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:11 am
Hello Arthur,

Thanks for this. It works ! :oops: I guess it's what one is use to using and to see a different logic to something wasn't easy even though it was always there. Thanks.
#71347 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:23 am
I need more layering/pen ordering, got any other cool tricks Art? :D
#71840 by artmanvt2000
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:17 am
As far as pen order, I always order my layers so the items to print first (i.e. images and some solid bitmap fills) are at the top of the layer order. This appears to be the simpler and more easily controlled option.