What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#71280 by Mark Bell
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:22 am
After using Boolean subtract on 3D polygons the resultant 3D entity displayed all the triangulated vertices making up the shape. Using Show/Hide was able to remove these so the entity could be used in a plan view without all the diagonal lines.

Wishlist: Add a toggle to the Boolean command that automatically Hides all internal vertices/edges leaving only the perimeter edges visible -
041917c.jpg
#71545 by dhs
Tue May 23, 2017 6:00 am
Hi Mark,
I expect your requested toggle may be added to DataCAD in due course ... but in the interim you may care to try the attached macro which can be used to hide common edges of all the polygons in the selection in a single operation (provided the polygons are in the same plane). I tested it on an example result of the Boolean operations and it hid all but a couple of the appropriate edges. Let me know what you think ...
David
Attachments
(8 KiB) Downloaded 482 times