What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#5617 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:32 pm
Hello,

In the usual work every office creates its own default set of colors and pen widths, and it is normal to personalize the PEN-FILE (.dpf).

The problem is when you must send a drawing file from your office to another, which uses a different set of pen widths.
This will happen also inside your own office, if the new machine has not the .dpf as was set by the first user. In the absense of the original, the set of pens/colors will be replaced by a default in DataCAD 'dcadwin.dpf', which can have nothing with your personal preferences.

So, my wish would be that the pen file should be 'embedded' into the drawing file. This way it would be available as it was created originally.

This will prevent big losses (time, presentation) when you send a drawing file to be continued by a partner and forget to send him the .dpf file.

Thanks,
Miguel
#5637 by artmanvt2000
Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:12 am
I couldn't agree more. A problem we have had is when old archived drawings are opened, the pen table is sometimes messed up. Whick I beleive has happened from tweaking the pen to suit new drawing conventions and/or new plotters. We have begun saving final plots as pdf's to allow the ease of printing in the future. It saves the problem of formating too.
#5669 by Sinha
Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:09 pm
Good One Miguel,
Our office faces this situation. Pen emded in dwg....will be a good enhancement