What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#71784 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:51 am
I see back in '11 there was some discussion about text underline, but I don't think we ever got that ability. In the Arris program, it was a simple edit/click to change text to underline, or to produce underlined text.

Any chance we could get that ability?
-or do we have it and I just haven't found it yet?
#71787 by Roger D
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:42 am
Regular text, Mtext, and SymAttrib Text you can turn on underline.
Doesn't Appear in PText.
#71864 by artmanvt2000
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:36 am
Roger, after reading your post I had to try it out. Yes, you can underline as you noted, but there are some limitations.

Regular Text: When using the underline feature, the whole line of text is underlined. It does work for both shx and ttf fonts.

MText: I does allow the underlining of individual words, but it limits one to only using ttf fonts. As posted in another persons post, the heavy use of ttf fonts can slow down drawings.

It would be nice if underlining of individual words was feasible in PText.
#72109 by Ted B
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:19 am
Errr..., how do you access "underline" in regular text and mtext? All I see is allcaps.
Or is it a Ver-19 feature?
#72111 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:56 am
Ted B wrote:Errr..., how do you access "underline" in regular text and mtext? All I see is allcaps.
Or is it a Ver-19 feature?
For MText it's one of the buttons at the top of the MText dialog. Toggle it on to have what you type be underlined, or select existing text and then toggle the button on/off. Works the same way for the Bold, Italics and Overline (strikethru).

For plain text, you can toggle it on in the Font dialog before creation, or via the Ctrl+Right Click Text Properties dialog after the text is created. Or via Change, Text, Font daialog.