What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#5688 by WK3
Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:59 am
Features in 11.08 update:

19. The All Caps toggle is no longer visible in the Change, Text menu unless
Contents has been selected. Further, the All Caps toggle in the Change, Text
menu inherits the status of the All Caps toggle in the Text menu.

Why the change? In my opinion the all caps and contents are separate issues. When I want to change to "all caps", such as when importing text from word documents (usaully specifications), I don't want to change the contents.
#5690 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:46 pm
A lot of people were wanting a tie between the two. It's just a tie between the two buttons really. I didn't use AllCaps before but now I like it like this. For your importing issue, I think there should be a AllCaps toggle when we paste in text. For a work around, you can Change, Text, Contents, All Caps,Area (all the text), then just hold enter.
#5707 by Jon C. Hubart
Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:51 pm
joshhuggins wrote:A lot of people were wanting a tie between the two. It's just a tie between the two buttons really. I didn't use AllCaps before but now I like it like this. For your importing issue, I think there should be a AllCaps toggle when we paste in text. For a work around, you can Change, Text, Contents, All Caps,Area (all the text), then just hold enter.

The substitute text macro, which is available from DataCad's website, has an all caps option.

https://www.datacad.com/support/down/Subtext.zip
#5709 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:07 pm
Oh thats right! Plus it very handy at replacing text :wink:
#5712 by Dick Eades
Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:06 pm
One possible reason for this change is also because I use lower case text in all my working drawings except for titles and room names. So, when I select Change/Text/Match/All it would select AllCaps as well as all the other selections and I didn't want to change my text to all caps, so I would have to toggle it off.