What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#74693 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:19 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:Done for the next update.
Dang dude! Less than 4 hours! Thanks!
#74696 by Mark Bell
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:31 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
Would it be possible so if we have a symbol attribute that has a knockout, if the attribute does not have any text to show that the knockout turns off? What I am running into is the knockout border is still knocking out even when there is no text to show. The knockout / KO border is offset from the single "|" place holder you see for an attribute that has no text when you turn off the display of text so it's more than knocking out just the "|". Hope this makes sense. Getting late, can expand on if needed.

Done for the next update.

Dave

This is a good little fix. I've also noticed on some of our symbol attributes even where a blank/empty field is in place the KO shows so having this not show anything where no text is used is even better!
#74697 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:57 pm
Mark Bell wrote:Good little fix. I've also noticed on some of our symbol attributes even where a blank/empty field is in place the KO shows so having this not show anything where no text is used is even better!
And it's working great! Thanks Dave! It's a little thing but man it sure makes our symbols feel like super heroes!
#74700 by jimgoodman
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:33 am
joshhuggins wrote:
Mark Bell wrote:Good little fix. I've also noticed on some of our symbol attributes even where a blank/empty field is in place the KO shows so having this not show anything where no text is used is even better!
And it's working great! Thanks Dave! It's a little thing but man it sure makes our symbols feel like super heroes!

Indeed!!!
#74725 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 am
Would be nice to have a link in the File menu under Recent Folders called 'Open Session File', that would launch the File Open dialog set to the location set for the path for Session Files.
#74726 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:04 am
joshhuggins wrote:Would be nice to have a link in the File menu under Recent Folders called 'Open Session File', that would launch the File Open dialog set to the location set for the path for Session Files.

Can I assume that this option would only be shown if "Saved Drawing Sessions" is enabled?

Looking at this a little further, pathing might be an issue. Unless "Use Fixed Path" is checked, the path would be undefined if there were no file currently open.
#74727 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:43 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:Can I assume that this option would only be shown if "Saved Drawing Sessions" is enabled?
Ahh, yeah that makes sense, but what chuckle head is running with out sessions? :lol: Probably the same ones who call at 8:30p about loosing all their family photos after their 15 year old hard drive dies. :P

David A. Giesselman wrote:Looking at this a little further, pathing might be an issue. Unless "Use Fixed Path" is checked, the path would be undefined if there were no file currently open.
Forgot about that option. We have sessions path saved fixed to each users individual computer so they have their own sessions so that was where my head was when thinking about this. I would guess checking for "Use Fixed Path" would be the trigger then it would use the set path. If it's not set then it would not be needed because each session is stored with the original file or they are not using sessions.
#74734 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:43 pm
Last wish for this morning, promise :D Could we get a GTV drop down list and a GTV Update button that we could use to update the current drawings GTV's with the currently set layers for the selected xref? It's been really useful in the Layer Manager and Symbol Layer Manager. Saves a lot of time especially in large files.

If you REALLY wanted to wow us if you could keep tract of what layer on/off changes have been made for the currently selected xref and then had an Update All button this would be HUGE as often when using GTV linked xrefs the fear is we will need to add something that is going to need to be toggled on on all or most of the GTV's and it's a royal PITA to go thru one by one. It's kind of one of the main drawbacks of using GTV links vs non-linked xrefs.

If added, might want to re-title the sections of the existing xref's Layer and GTV List to avoid confusion with the new features. Besides the xrefs now have their files names so wonderfully shown in the main list. :wink:
RefManGTVLinkUpdate.png
#74741 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:23 pm
Could we get a 'Value Properties' option to hide attributes from the Edit/Customize Symbol Attribute form but still displayed in the drawing space? Want to do a lookup by one attribute and then have it populate a bunch of secondary attributes via 'Field Filled By Lookup' in the drawing but don't want the users to be able to see or edit the secondary attributes in the form.
#74794 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am
Would it be possible to get a symbol count in the symbol context menu and the symbol browser's context menu when right clicking a symbol that would show how many instances of the selected symbol occur in the drawing?
#74795 by jimgoodman
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:24 am
joshhuggins wrote:Would it be possible to get a symbol count in the symbol context menu and the symbol browser's context menu when right clicking a symbol that would show how many instances of the selected symbol occur in the drawing?

That would be very cool.
In fact, any plans to resurrect and refine the symbol manager that was prototyped but not officially released? Even a sizeable window would be a good start.
#74798 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:04 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Would it be possible to get a symbol count in the symbol context menu and the symbol browser's context menu when right clicking a symbol that would show how many instances of the selected symbol occur in the drawing?

Done for the next Subscription update.

9-19-2018 5-49-43 pm.png

Dave
#74862 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:03 pm
- Can the last location of the layout remain on the screen even when you scroll or zoom the display?

- The Layout menu option at F3 Extents says it will 'Zoom to last extents of the drawing', but it actually just draws a boundary of the current extents using whatever you have set for Layout %. Could this be made to actually zoom out to the drawings extents using the Zoom menu's settings for extents so it will always zoom to the drawings extents. I think I would find that more useful than the screen being scaled to the relationship between the Layout % & the current plot scale as it usually doesn't relate as well to the display for layout purposes unless you are doing full size sheets which if Layout Extents were made to work this way it would most likely work the same as it does now but then also work better for layouts that are at different scales than the final intended scale for the sheet. So if the new Layout was toggled on, the Layout % would probably need to disappear or visually toggle off. If toggled on then you would be prompted to input the layout % and Extents would toggle off. A new button would need to be added so when extents is toggled on, there is display boundary toggle option to duplicate the function it has now for slower systems.
#74866 by dhs
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:43 pm
Ability to turn covers on or off for polylines via area. I know we can use the Polyline Edit menu to toggle covers on and off, but to be able to just do an area of a bunch of polylines and set all of their covers to on or off. There is no real way to view if the covers are on or off in Datacad, so having go back and forth between Datacad and a viewer check which ones you have covered can be tedious.

Check out my Cover macro at http://www.dhsoftware.com.au/cover.htm. This is a very simple macro, but I think it does what you want.