What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#73574 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:54 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get a check box for the DCADWIN.INI file line "Process XREFs= " added to the Program Prefs DXF/DXG Tab, Default Import Settings section?

You realize that's an Export, not an Import option right?
#73576 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:27 pm
Nope! My bad, isn't there and option to stop importing of DWG files that are xrefed in the DWG file you are currently importing? I tried checking the online dcadwin.ini list but couldn't find it.
#73577 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:53 pm
joshhuggins wrote:... isn't there and option to stop importing of DWG files that are xrefed in the DWG file you are currently importing?

No sir.
#73578 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:44 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:... isn't there and option to stop importing of DWG files that are xrefed in the DWG file you are currently importing?

No sir.
Huh, okey dokey. Guess I can just move the file out of folder for importing and move it back when it's imported. Thanks.
#73579 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:55 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:

No sir.
Huh, okey dokey. Guess I can just move the file out of folder for importing and move it back when it's imported. Thanks.

Yeah, that would be a lot easier (for me, at least) than adding another import option. ;)
#73600 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:13 pm
Would be nice if Symbol Explode had an option to only add layers to the drawing that are turned on in a symbol using Layer Control.
#73651 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:24 pm
If we rename an xref, could we get the Reference Manager to show the file path at the end? At first I tried keeping the original path as simple text as part of my rename, but when the files get redefined or repathed the names don't adjust obviously. The clicking every xref and and waiting for the popup tip or reading the info bar is too slow to use in a drawing with a lot of xrefs. Really need to be able to glance at the whole list and see what's what and know that the paths with update when changes are made.
#73652 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:29 pm
joshhuggins wrote:If we rename an xref, could we get the Reference Manager to show the file path at the end? At first I tried keeping the original path as simple text as part of my rename, but when the files get redefined or repathed the names don't adjust obviously. The clicking every xref and and waiting for the popup tip or reading the info bar is too slow to use in a drawing with a lot of xrefs. Really need to be able to glance at the whole list and see what's what and know that the paths with update when changes are made.

Something akin to this?

XRM.JPG

Dave
#73655 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm
Awesome! First one would be my preference, thanks!
#73663 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:31 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Awesome! First one would be my preference, thanks!

Or this?

rfm.JPG

Dave
#73665 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:00 pm
The arrows are good, thx! Long live long names!
#73668 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:36 pm
joshhuggins wrote:The arrows are good, thx! Long live long names!

Then arrows shall be the default. I've externalized it so that the characters used to separate the name from the path are specified in dcadwin.msg.

Dave
#73669 by Roger D
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:59 pm
sounds like good options and tweaking.
#73671 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:47 pm
Roger D wrote:sounds like good options and tweaking.

Agreed, it seemed a logical request (to me, at least). The only real twist was trying to figure out a way to allow the pathname to be "Minimized" without affecting the user-defined XRef name. It was actually a fun problem to solve.

Dave