What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#72978 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:24 pm
I'll start this off with a request from Tina here in the office: can we remove a Symbol Browser favorite folder from the program preferences, or the SB menu, please? We can edit the Dcadwin.ini file, but this is more involved than many folks want to get into.
#73570 by Roger D
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:54 am
The Scrive Macro will do that.

Also, you can Copy the text you want to replace with, then do a Change/Text/Area/Mask/Entity/Text/Text Mask

I think this alias will work, you can add to you .dca file.
Code: Select all[FR]
comment=Find-Replace text
alias=^;^F0^S8^S2^F5^S8^F0^F1^S7^S7^F1^S3^F1^F1^F1^ªEnter Text to find^S0^S0^S0^F3
#73572 by Roger D
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:30 pm
No. I think we had this discussion a while ago.
#73575 by dhs
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:26 pm
I don't think MText or PText are accessible from DCAL at all. My wish would be that they could be added to the DCAL capabilities (along with smart walls and others that have also not been added to DCAL)....
#74202 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:55 am
Here's a behavior that doesn't usually matter, but in this case, it does: I am using the linetype called "Corugate" (that is the spelling). And when I use a Clip Cube to make a detail - the spacing of the Corugate line changes. I am guessing the spacing is based on the portion of the line in the CC is different than without it.

Is it possible prevent the linetype spacing from changing with a CC?
#74203 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Here's a behavior that doesn't usually matter, but in this case, it does: I am using the linetype called "Corugate" (that is the spelling). And when I use a Clip Cube to make a detail - the spacing of the Corugate line changes. I am guessing the spacing is based on the portion of the line in the CC is different than without it.

Is it possible prevent the linetype spacing from changing with a CC?

Send me the linetype so I can see what is happening.

Dave
#74216 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:38 am
I'm not seeing a change in Spacing when a Clip Cube is involved. In the attached image, there are 3 Lines drawn with that linetype with 2 of them being clipped by the Clip Cube. To the right is a Symbol comprised of Lines with the same linetype and set to Ignore Clip Cubes. I can see no difference in their spacing.

linetype.JPG

Dave
#74219 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:12 pm
Okay, I am not using a symbol. Here's what I have - a building section, and the Corugate line is the steel pan in the floor slab. I have turned off the display of hatch, so you can see the polyline outline, as the reference. Here's a part of one of the cross sections, without the CC:

Corugate - No CC.png

And here's the exact same part, but with a CC:

Corugate - With CC.png
#74220 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:10 pm
Turn off End Correction for that line type in the [b]Line Type Manager[b/]?