What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#74871 by artmanvt2000
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 am
Please keep the Favorites Folder in the Symbol Browser. I use this feature often for common folders.

Could we get the insertion settings to be separate for Pasting and Symbol Insertion. Specifically, the enlargement factor and Keep Groups. Often times I am Copying and Pasting multiple item from another drawing and would like the groups to be remain, but when I am inserted symbols I want that symbol to be a group. I know the work around is to redefine all of our symbols to be groups and resave the symbol, but that is a lot of time.
#74987 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:41 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Would it be possible to have the Repair option, when you already have a drawing(s) open?

If you mean for an already opened drawing, then no. If otherwise, I'll have to look into it.

Dave
#74990 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:12 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:
Neil Blanchard wrote:Would it be possible to have the Repair option, when you already have a drawing(s) open?

If you mean for an already opened drawing, then no. If otherwise, I'll have to look into it.

Dave

Okay, it was worth a question. Thanks, anyway.
#74994 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Here's a doable request: create a polyline rectangle with filleted corners? Set the fillet radius, and click-drag-click a rectangle. If the radius is too big for the short side, reduce it to 40% of the short side.
I like this one, but I'd say that if the radius didn't fit then to just not do it vs trying to fit something in which would probably get wonky at small sizes and might end up with complex math that craps out. Good idea!
#75012 by dhs
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:21 am
Neil wrote: Here's a doable request: create a polyline rectangle with filleted corners? Set the fillet radius, and click-drag-click a rectangle. If the radius is too big for the short side, reduce it to 40% of the short side.

Josh wrote: I'd say that if the radius didn't fit then to just not do it

I've updated my dhBox macro to allow filleted corners as well as a polyline option. I think it all works ok, but is only a beta version at the moment.
I would be grateful to receive any feedback if anybody would care to have a look at it (you can download it at http://www.dhsoftware.com.au/downloads/beta/DHBOX.zip).

I think the options are fairly self explanatory, but to comply with the Neil's and Josh's suggestions of what to do if the fillet size doesn't fit you would use F8 to enter a percentage (of 40% for Neil, 0% for Josh), then select F9 to enter an actual size (and leave F9 selected after entering the size).
The size specification also has an optional 'Text Scale' option (ok, it's not text, but I felt most people will know what I mean by that rather than calling it something else like 'Plot Scale' - any suggestions in the naming of that option would be welcome!)

Thanks,
David H.
#75013 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:59 am
Hi David,

It looks like it is either size or percentage? Is that right? If so, what I was hoping for is a size - unless the rectangle is too small to fit the fillet - then it would use the percentage.

For drawing a bubble to call out a detail, it can't have the "reverse" on the short side, where the fillets run past each other. The smallest it can be is a capsule shape, with the fillets being 50% of the short side.
#75022 by dhs
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:25 pm
It looks like it is either size or percentage? Is that right?

That's not quite right Neil. The basic design is either size or percentage, but (in order to accommodate your requirement) if the rectangle is too small for the specified size then it will revert to using percentage (even though size is enabled).

So, to make it function as per your requirement : use F8 to enter a percentage of 40% then select F9 and enter an actual size (and leave F9 enabled). It should then use the actual size unless it doesn't fit in which case it reverts to percentage....

I'll email you off-forum to discuss any bugs you may have found.

Rgds,
David H.
#75023 by dhs
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:14 pm
For drawing a bubble to call out a detail, it can't have the "reverse" on the short side, where the fillets run past each other

ok, Neil did find a bug in the beta macro (related to the text scale setting). I have now fixed that and uploaded a new version to the same url (http://www.dhsoftware.com.au/downloads/beta/DHBOX.zip).

Rgds
David H.
#75042 by dhs
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:51 pm
I am liking the dhBox macro a lot - it is saving a lot of time. The one hiccup is when you are setting the fillet radius, a right-click doesn't exit out

I have uploaded a new version (2.0.0.5 beta) that allows you to right-click out of the fillet size entry.

I have also added the currently set size to the button hint (displayed when you hover the cursor over the F-key button) and it will be displayed in the error line message in many circumstances (but not if there is an actual error to display, nor when you first enter the macro).

Glad you are finding it useful.

New version can be downloaded from the same URL (http://www.dhsoftware.com.au/downloads/beta/DHBOX.zip).
#75178 by Roger D
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:51 am
Add to Polyline menu Knockout, so when creating a Polyline, you can set Knock out On, instead of creating one, then having to change the setting aftewards.