What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#73291 by Mark Bell
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:05 pm
Our preference is to use the F0 DIN Standard dim style as it gives the most flexibility in placing continuous dimensions along any building line (stepped or straight) whilst maintaining a neat line of dimension increments (extender line below the main dimension line). As the documentation drawings get busier with more information added being able to turn on 2nd extender lines from the snap point back to the dimension increment point as well as user-defining the line type/spacings and colour would be very useful. Presently, manual lines have to be added for every dimension string which is time consuming.
Example below showing the DIN Standard dimensioning with dashed lines as the optional toggle for the 2nd extender lines.
022118a.jpg
#73295 by jimgoodman
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:33 am
I agree 100% that the suggested options for the extender lines are sorely needed. We too wind up adding manual lines for most dimensions for the reasons stated below.
#73304 by Mark Bell
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:20 pm
James wrote "I agree 100% that the suggested options for the extender lines are sorely needed. We too wind up adding manual lines for most dimensions for the reasons stated below."

Compound this over a number of sheets and it all adds up to lost productivity. I hope this wishlist item edges up the list quickly...