What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#73297 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:28 am
One of the features that I found useful on Arris (many years ago) was that any area edit, whether "area" or "fence", had the option to use "previous". This is useful when doing some complex shape of edit fence, or a particularly specific edit window, when you find some setting that was wrong (fix text, color mask, etc) and you want to repeat the operation with a new setting, but the same window. In Arris, we could simply pick "area" or "fence" and then "previous" and the identifying points of the window corners would replicate from the previous edit window.
Can DataCAD be made to include that?
#73301 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:53 pm
DBrennfoerder wrote:One of the features that I found useful on Arris (many years ago) was that any area edit, whether "area" or "fence", had the option to use "previous". This is useful when doing some complex shape of edit fence, or a particularly specific edit window, when you find some setting that was wrong (fix text, color mask, etc) and you want to repeat the operation with a new setting, but the same window. In Arris, we could simply pick "area" or "fence" and then "previous" and the identifying points of the window corners would replicate from the previous edit window.
Can DataCAD be made to include that?

Dwight,

Something close to this is already available for you. The Previous selection (be it Group, Area or Fence) is available under Mask.

previous.JPG
previous.JPG (14.91 KiB) Viewed 6194 times

Dave
#73307 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:49 pm
DBrennfoerder wrote:I hope that's a really new feature and hasn't been there for years.

Well I don't remember when I wrote it, so it wasn't yesterday. :roll:

Sorry Dwight, this was added in v16.

Dave