What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#74260 by Mark Bell
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:33 pm
Hopefully this is a simple amendment: increase the menu window width to the Wall/Door/Window Managers where the various smart entity types are displayed. For those that carry forward the smart entity use into documentation there ends up being large numbers of various wall / door / window types that need accurate naming labels. The current width is too narrow and the smart entity needs to be loaded into the drawing file to be able to see its full name in the pulldown flyout label. Increasing the menu width in the Manager would allow users to read the full name and select the correct entity type without having to load it first. The scrrenshot below shows the area in red to be stretched to the right. Preference would be a user-stretch option. Alternatively, double the width and that will allow entity naming for complex wall/door/window types.
Thanks.
070518a.jpg
#74289 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:52 pm
Hello Mark,

Simple amendment? Well not nearly as simple as you might think. The Type Managers (Walls, Windows and Doors) are pretty complex dialogs that I had a very frustrating time with when we went through all of DataCAD's dialogs to update them for high-DPI displays. Their Resize event handlers are some of the most complex within DataCAD, mostly due to the o2c preview panel. So I hope to accomplish what you've asked for here at some point in the future. But for now, I've added a horizontal scroll-bar (only when necessary) and now display a Hint showing the Style's full name. This should be available in the next update.

Styles.JPG

Regards,
Dave
#74290 by Mark Bell
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:11 pm
Hello Dave,
I'm humbled, many thanks for this addition and it looks like it will address all the issues so probably no need to do anything further as both of these extras provide what's needed.
Thanks again - and have a good Friday~!