What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#78774 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:38 am
Hi David,

I do the same thing with Ultraedit or when in Datacad I normally would paste into a PText box and re-copy into the MText box which works but it is extra steps. I was just thinking it would be nice to just have the buttons there in Datacad for everyone to be able to save some steps.

But your reply about Pure Text got me thinking, I had forgot I had received a license for a little program called Clipboard Fusion Pro back in 2016 which fits the bill nicely as well. They have a free version which does a lot of stuff on it's own. I just set mine up so ALT+SHIFT+V pastes in plain text, and WINDOWS+ALT+V converts the clipboard contents into ALL CAPS and then paste in plain text which is really handy for what I will be using it for!

Either way, you got me on the right track for now David, thanks!
#78829 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:49 pm
I love the new By Center option in menus like Move, Drag and Copy, Drag. Could we get it so when we use these new By Center options, that F1 then changes to Absolute Zero to allow us to move the selected contents to Absolute Zero?
#78830 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:22 pm
This is kind of a two part wish which is dependent on if symbols are currently aware of the number of entities within themselves. (EDIT: They must right, since Max Entities works while inserting a symbol?)

- When Identifying a symbol would it be possible to get an Entity Count= output in the Cords/Hints bar?
- If symbols can have an entity count, can their count be included against the Max Count for the display bounding box vs just being counted as 1? Often we have complex symbols that slow down moves & drags because they are only counted as 1 entity vs hundreds or thousands.