What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#76545 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:39 pm
Would love to see a new option for Plain Text alignment where the text would stay the same size as you have it set to, until you hit a horizontal limit that the user sets similar to how the Align method works, but for this it would adjust the Aspect of the text to fit within that horizontal distance and not touch the vertical size of the text.

I am primarily wanting to use this with symbol attributes where I have text within a specific shape, and most of the time the text fits within the shape, but sometimes I need just a bit more room and this would allow the text to squeeze into the space nicely and still allow the symbol to remain a symbol and my shapes to stay uniformly sized. Would also work well for Titles and Sheet numbering, heck, anything that needs to fit fit into per-determined spaces and not change the text's height. I think everyone would love this and I think it would become highly used!
#76558 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:35 pm
Could creating Rectangular Polylines draw a Square if we hold Shift?
#76567 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:30 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Now that symbols support off layers, could Symbol Explode have a toggle option to include/exclude Off layers? The current Symbol Explode menu is full, but seems like the S9 3D Views is kind of out of place anyway, maybe it could be added there?

Done for the next Subscription update.

Dave
#76587 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 pm
I wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Now that symbols support off layers, could Symbol Explode have a toggle option to include/exclude Off layers? The current Symbol Explode menu is full, but seems like the S9 3D Views is kind of out of place anyway, maybe it could be added there?

Done for the next Subscription update.

In addition, nested symbols will now inherit the layer On/Off settings from their parent when the parent is exploded in the next Subscription Update.

Dave
#76592 by joshhuggins
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:27 am
Cool thanks Dave!
#76651 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:42 pm
If I have ORTHO on and I start a COPY and I try to use the mouse to scroll zoom into a location, the screen zooms in based on the end of the rubberband arrow head for the distance indicator instead of the cursor's location. Can we get an option to make the scroll zoom always zoom the screen into the cursor's location instead? It just makes for erratic scroll behavior which is different than how the scroll zoom works when ORTHO is on for other commands and often I want to zoom into something out of ORHTO alignment with the rubberband start point and use Get X/Y or a reference point and I have to toggle ORTHO off to zoom in and then turn it back on again.
#76803 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:38 pm
Could we get another Context menu for Xrefs to Show / Hide Hatch and Fills that are not part of Smart Entities? We use xrefs all the time just to pull lines from to build other views and that would help speed up the drawing space to not have to display the reference hatch but still be able to see the hatch we are working with in the drawing.
#77031 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:57 pm
Could a By Center option be added to the menu when you are prompted to pick the insertion point for a new symbol that would pick the center of the selected objects?
#77083 by joshhuggins
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:21 pm
Could the Offset menu get a Mask option? Often I need to only offset lines and arcs, and almost every time if there is hatch or fill coincident with the lines it always picks them first which is rarely what I want to do. If I have multiple fills coincident with the line I want to offset, it's almost impossible to get even the improved coincident picking to get to the line and I have to toggle layers off and then back on again to continue working. With a Mask option, I could make my Alt+G always set the mask by default which would be awesome and then if I did actually need to offset a fill or something the mask is not set to pick, I can toggle off Mask with a single key stroke.
#77117 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:35 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could a By Center option be added to the menu when you are prompted to pick the insertion point for a new symbol that would pick the center of the selected objects?

Added for the next Subscription update.

Dave
#77118 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:36 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could the Offset menu get a Mask option? Often I need to only offset lines and arcs, and almost every time if there is hatch or fill coincident with the lines it always picks them first which is rarely what I want to do. If I have multiple fills coincident with the line I want to offset, it's almost impossible to get even the improved coincident picking to get to the line and I have to toggle layers off and then back on again to continue working. With a Mask option, I could make my Alt+G always set the mask by default which would be awesome and then if I did actually need to offset a fill or something the mask is not set to pick, I can toggle off Mask with a single key stroke.

Added for the next Subscription update.

Dave
#77119 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:53 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get another Context menu for Xrefs to Show / Hide Hatch and Fills that are not part of Smart Entities? We use xrefs all the time just to pull lines from to build other views and that would help speed up the drawing space to not have to display the reference hatch but still be able to see the hatch we are working with in the drawing.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the Beta announcement, but this was added several Beta's ago.

Dave
#77120 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:07 pm
joshhuggins wrote:If I have ORTHO on and I start a COPY and I try to use the mouse to scroll zoom into a location, the screen zooms in based on the end of the rubberband arrow head for the distance indicator instead of the cursor's location. Can we get an option to make the scroll zoom always zoom the screen into the cursor's location instead? It just makes for erratic scroll behavior which is different than how the scroll zoom works when ORTHO is on for other commands and often I want to zoom into something out of ORHTO alignment with the rubberband start point and use Get X/Y or a reference point and I have to toggle ORTHO off to zoom in and then turn it back on again.

Added the following new key to the [General] section of the INI file:

Scroll Zoom to Cursor Position=TRUE

Dave