What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?

Ability to view DataCAD files in 2D/3D on Windows/Mac/Web-browsers/Mobile devices. Your thoughts?

N/A
33%
N/A
50%
17%
#75744 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:52 pm
A simple AEC viewer would be handy, but I would rather see export to DWG get closer to 1-to-1 since that is more important when working with most of the outside world and there are already viewers for DWG so it would be a double win.
#75745 by MtnArch
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:56 pm
I agree with Josh on this one.
#75825 by pjdixit
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:20 am
I believe that the next generation of construction site workers will be working like this: Checkout Synchro's video ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/apps) (or doctor's for that matter (Azurion's video)) and the CAD software generating construction documents will need to adopt to that workflow.

I might get a backlash for saying this but honestly, my perception is that DataCAD community is not necessarily the early adopter and is quite risk-averse. I am afraid, if the community only seeks incremental changes, or simply wants better, faster, cheaper of what they already have and do not embrace changes and adapt for the future, it might be a little too late.

I would very much like that DataCAD and its users are part of the coming future.
#75826 by Paul Nida
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:39 am
Unfortunately I have to agree with you. From my point of view DataCAD's progress has been excruciatingly slow and has only gotten worse since they went to the subscription platform. There has been no real progress on 3d and "smart" entities in years. I had high hopes for DataCAD but now I pretty much given up. I am approaching retirement and I don't expect to see any more progress. It seems there is no more innovation and they are just touching up their makeup.