What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#77033 by John Daglish
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:44 am
I have my symbol browser on the right side of my screen.
The popup text that gives the name of the symbol and the location C:/ is aligned to the left and goes off screen.

Can there be an option for right aligned so that the path details can be seen?

Thanks
#77034 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:14 pm
Yeah this would be really nice. If it could know what screen the symbol browser is on and stay within that screen would be ideal. Having to dart our eyes back and forth to the from the symbol your cursor is on to the Info bar to read the full name / path makes it slow going to hunt down symbols in a large library with a smaller grid pattern.
#77035 by Roger D
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:27 pm
other item. I thought I used to be able to hover the mouse over the SB, and use the scroll wheel to go up/down the browser, bringing rows into the view area. Not any more. What switch needs to be changed?
#77036 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:57 pm
Roger D wrote:other item. I thought I used to be able to hover the mouse over the SB, and use the scroll wheel to go up/down the browser, bringing rows into the view area. Not any more. What switch needs to be changed?

Mark M pointed this out to me a while back, it's a windows 10 thing causing it. Click your Start button, Settings, Devices, Mouse & touchpad. Turn off Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them, to enable scrolling in the Symbol browser. I actually use the inactive scrolling more outside Datacad than I do in the symbol browser so I leave it enabled. Hopefully Datacad can find a way to co-exist with that setting in the future.