What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#95 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:48 am
Hi Martell:

I started with DataCAD v3.1b! :wink: The LM is much better, in my opinion (IMO) for most things:

:arrow: Moving layers one at a time or in groups
:arrow: Seeing the long layer names
:arrow: Turning on/off/locking/changing the active color/ etc. on *groups* of layers all at once
:arrow: Sorting layers by any of the column headings (just click on the heading)
:arrow: Deleting all the empty layers

The only thing that I miss from the old Layer menu is the Match function. I would *love* to get this function in the LM, and I would love to be able to leave the LM open when I am not using it! Having two monitors with the LM (and with the SB and MultiWindows), is a wonderful thing.

As for the Export/Import function, I now either do a Copy/Cut & Paste or I would use the Purge, or the Layer Sets.
#187 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:03 pm
I would have to say I miss the F# key features for items like On/Off, New Layer and such which I use quite a bit. Would like to see the F#'s somehow added to commands that could benefit from them. It would be nice if while I highlight multiple layers with my right mouse hand, I could apply On/Off, Change Colors using my left hand with the F# keys quicker than mousing over and trying to hit the little light bulb and lock icons. Don't get me wrong I love them for visual aid, but sometimes I miss them unless I slow down my mouse, and then my selected layers are unselected and I have to start over. Just a little wish. :mrgreen:
#335 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:41 pm
Ah jes, I did miss it, that would be a major bummer without it :!: I'm sure Dave's version would be nice and clean :D