What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#78341 by Joseph Baron
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:30 pm
Some users are driven to use aliases for as much as possible, and we have a list of about 400 aliases.

Would it be feasible to add on option to sort the alias list by description?

I have attached a simple example that shows how we use a 'print out' after manually sorting it by description. It groups similar aliases together, of course, based on its description.

Thank you.
Attachments
TMP.jpg
TMP.jpg (247.42 KiB) Viewed 7304 times
#78342 by Roger D
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:41 pm
I've done that by opening the .dca in word, and after a few search and replace, paste into a table, and sort by 2nd column, can create that list in about 5 minutes or less.
#78344 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:11 pm
Joseph Baron wrote:Would it be feasible to add on option to sort the alias list by description?

Done for the next build (21.03.05). I've added a View pull-down menu with the items 'Sort by Alias' (the default), and 'Sort by Description'. A checkmark will appear next to whichever sort was performed last.
#78825 by Joseph Baron
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:50 pm
Thank you MARK!

For whatever reason I am just now seeing this, again THANK YOU for adding this sort in DataCAD.

That addition eliminates the need to manually create that sorted list every time we add an alias and eliminates the alias that opens the list.

The group that I was working with is on DataCAD 20.

Thank you again!
#80848 by Joseph Baron
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:19 pm
I've noticed in 22.01.14.02 that the 'Sort by Description' is not sticking or was this always set to name sort everytime the dialog is opened?