What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#80419 by Paul Nida
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:03 am
Would it be possible to have a way to reset the z-base for all xrefs at one time without having to reset each xref individually. You can use the change command to reset the z-base and z-height for all lines, arcs, symbols, etc. at one time which helps. But that doesn't affect xrefs. We frequently find xrefs, and other entities, with there z-base located in some parallel universe somewhere and you have to reset each one individually and if you have a few dozen or more xrefs in a drawing this can be very time consuming as well as a major PIA. I have one right now with a z-max of 7.893665e29' and it is not the only xref in the drawing and who knows what the others are. How they get these z-min and z-max numbers I don't know but it is a serious problem and can and does cause drawings to crash.

If there is currently a way to do this that I am not aware of please let me know because this is a serious problem
#80420 by Roger D
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:42 am
Have you tried to Move, Move Z, using absolute Cartesian entry mode?
#80434 by Mark Bell
Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:43 am
Paul Nida wrote:Would it be possible to have a way to reset the z-base for all xrefs at one time without having to reset each xref individually. You can use the change command to reset the z-base and z-height for all lines, arcs, symbols, etc. at one time which helps. But that doesn't affect xrefs. We frequently find xrefs, and other entities, with there z-base located in some parallel universe somewhere and you have to reset each one individually and if you have a few dozen or more xrefs in a drawing this can be very time consuming as well as a major PIA. I have one right now with a z-max of 7.893665e29' and it is not the only xref in the drawing and who knows what the others are. How they get these z-min and z-max numbers I don't know but it is a serious problem and can and does cause drawings to crash.

If there is currently a way to do this that I am not aware of please let me know because this is a serious problem

If you're importing 2D Revit (DWG) or other DWG's into DataCAD then xrefing the DataCAD files into the main file, we usually do a quick Change ZB/ZH=0 for all entities in the xref files before importing them so they are 'flat' from the start.