What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#81630 by Joseph Baron
Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:29 pm
I've always appreciated the DataCAD Calculator but there's only so much you can remember and having a 'cheat sheet' open to edit and copy/paste entries into the prompt works but I've always wanted to see the Calculator expanded to allow formula building entered from a keyboard macro or other action file.

I've always had issues getting a formula entered from an action file. I've tried using the prompt code in several ways but I'm not finding anything that works.

For example using the formula =(A*180)/(PI*R) calculates the ROTATION ANGLE to rotate a segment line based on the Arc Length and the Radius.

Here's one variation that I've tried to have that formula
^R^N^f8^=(A*180)/(PI*R)^ªEdit Arc Length & Radius^$^

I've also tried just getting the formula to appear on the input line:
^R^N^f8^=(A*180)/(PI*R)^

The objective is have these formulas appear on the input line so that the values to use can be edited 'in real time'.

But it seems nothing works. If someone knows how to do this please post.
#81633 by Joseph Baron
Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:04 am
David,

Thank you for that! This opens up more possibilities for formulas in action files.

Edit: An improvement I found is to to put spaces around the A & R that way you can double-click on those to change the values.
^R^N^f8^=( A *180)/(PI* R )$^ªEdit A=ARC Length to SEGMENT and R=RADIUS^$^